• Please log in to reply
Photo

WTF? Someone selling copies of a dvd I made for fans for free

justme
  • Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:27 PM

justme

Today I was looking for a dvd online and found this website. While searching for Madonna...this came up to me:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/madonna-rebel-heart-tour-special-songs-dvd-615883484?i=301483432

a dvd I made for fans and for free, that I shared here. Yes, I'm outraged. You mister, should get a job instead of trying to profit from other people's work, instead of trying to rip off others.

I loved doing it, and give back to people that always gave me something here. it's not a perfect dvd, but it was a pleasure doing it. The person that is doing it...I'm not sorry, but you are just scum.

Turuncan
  • Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:32 PM

Is there a way to identify who that is?

justme
  • Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:51 PM

justme

Identify who is selling the dvd? I dont know.

And he/she is such a scum bag that he photoshoped the part of the back cover design where my name and logo were. 

The original post for this dvd is here

http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F7033-dl-special-songs-dvd%2Fpage-9

Is there a way to identify who that is?

Liam
  • Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:00 PM

Liam

Express Yourself; Don't Repress Yourself

• 1,618 posts
  • M Fan Since:1985

Are you sure they are selling what you produced? I only bring this up, you mentioned the artwork, and in the description it say;  "NO CASE, NO COVER, NO ARTWORK, only PLAIN DISC INSIDE A PLASTIC SLEEVE."   Is it possible that they are just using your artwork for display to sell a copy they put together?  

That said; it appears they already profited from it, but maybe tipping off Madonna's team would serve this guy right and stop him from selling anymore copies.

No matter who you are,
No matter what you did,
No matter where you've come from,
You can always change,
Become a better version of yourself.

blondebombshell
  • Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:12 PM

Today I was looking for a dvd online and found this website. While searching for Madonna...this came up to me:

http://www.ioffer.com/i/madonna-rebel-heart-tour-special-songs-dvd-615883484?i=301483432

a dvd I made for fans and for free, that I shared here. Yes, I'm outraged. You mister, should get a job instead of trying to profit from other people's work, instead of trying to rip off others.

I loved doing it, and give back to people that always gave me something here. it's not a perfect dvd, but it was a pleasure doing it. The person that is doing it...I'm not sorry, but you are just scum.

I would sign up on ioffer and tell the seller you would appreciate them not using your artwork on the site and if they got the video footage is yours then you need them to remove it also. I think its really a shame that there are nice people like you that would share something on this site for free and then someone sell it. That's the reason alot of people don't post more stuff on fan sites. Cause people do this. A forum i'm on that is marilyn monroe only. There doing the same and thanks to the people on ebay. they've stopped sharing HQ photos of marilyn. Its just really annoying that one person selling ruins it for the rest of us. I appreciate everyone on this site all they share. All the stuff i download. I would never sell. its a treat for someone to share i would never disrespect them.  Thanks for sharing sweetie  :kiss:

• groovyguy and justme like this

justme
  • Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:17 PM

justme

Yes, it is the dvd I produced for all the people on this forum, and made available for them to download, including the artwork...for free. So if people wanted they could get a case an print the art. He just burns the dvds at his place and sell it. All the the items he sells are (at least the ones I saw): "NO CASE, NO COVER, NO ARTWORK, only PLAIN DISC INSIDE A PLASTIC SLEEVE." 

Did you saw that he only accepts stripe, wich I dont know what that is, and bitcoin. No paypal...I guess that with paypal he would be in a lot of trouble.

Yes, it is dvd I produced to all of you.

"ALL REGIONS / MENU AND SONG SELECTION / NTSC / AUDIENCE SHOT / COMPILATION OF MADONA´S REBEL HEART TOUR RARE PERFORMANCES / SEE SCREENSHOT FOR TRACK LIST "....

I never intended to make money with it. And never will, everytime I make something to give back what people gave me. It was a gift to Madonna fans. Gifts are for free.

Yes, I would tipp Madonna's team, but how can I?

justme
  • Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:19 PM

justme

I would sign up on ioffer and tell the seller you would appreciate them not using your artwork on the site and if they got the video footage is yours then you need them to remove it also. I think its really a shame that there are nice people like you that would share something on this site for free and then someone sell it. That's the reason alot of people don't post more stuff on fan sites. Cause people do this. A forum i'm on that is marilyn monroe only. There doing the same and thanks to the people on ebay. they've stopped sharing HQ photos of marilyn. Its just really annoying that one person selling ruins it for the rest of us. I appreciate everyone on this site all they share. All the stuff i download. I would never sell. its a treat for someone to share i would never disrespect them.  Thanks for sharing sweetie  :kiss:

Thank  you :) 

• blondebombshell likes this

Liam
  • Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:28 PM

Liam

• 1,618 posts

But again, unless you actually get a copy of the DVD he's distributing, you can't be sure it's actually what you produced?  I'm not saying it isn't, but you can't be sure the contents are actually the same  Obviously, he's using your artwork to sell his DVD.  But he is clear the artwork isn't included.  So again, it's pretty much his word against yours.   Either way, he's selling a illegal bootleg. 

As for the pay sources, I'm sure no matter how he obtained the contents to the DVD he's distributing, he would have issue with services like PAYPAL. 

No matter who you are,
No matter what you did,
You can always change,

NowRadiate
  • Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:31 PM

POPULAR

if you share something for free and have no rights to the product, you automatically enable shrewd people to take it and profit from it.

no surprise there.

technically, you shouldn't have shared something that might be copyrighted. just saying.

what the person on offer seems to be doing is not nice but if there is no way to protect your work...then it's no wonder.

• groovyguy, Liam, madgefan and 3 others like this

justme
  • Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:35 PM

justme

if you share something for free and have no rights to the product, you automatically enable shrewd people to take it and profit off it.

no surprise there.

technically, you shouldn't have shared something that might be copyrighted. just saying.

what the person on offer seems to be doing is not nice but if there is no way to protect your work...then it's no wonder.

well. I just did what a few people here did: made a dvd and shared with others.

And to the other fan...yes, it is the dvd I made.

NowRadiate
  • Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:41 PM

well. I just did what a few people here did: made a dvd and shared with others.

And to the other fan...yes, it is the dvd I made.

and that can happen to anyone who does fan art. it's not protected, unfortunately.

the guy selling the video can end up in trouble though.

• groovyguy, Liam and blondebombshell like this

Liam
  • Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:50 PM

Liam

• 1,618 posts

I wouldn't get bent out of shape over it. It's not like you own the rights to anything you produced.  You illegally distributed it.  He only took it a step further and took money for it. 

That said, I wouldn't let that discourage you from sharing things in the future.   Just remember, there are a lot of people who totally appreciate the fact you offered it to them free.  Many people don't have the technology knowledge or money to produce a copy.  It's no more different than people making copies of Madonna's DVD's and albums, only to profit from it.  I guess if it's truly your content that he's selling, be flattered it was good enough that he willing to distribute it to others (even if it was at a price... which does suck).

• NowRadiate likes this

No matter who you are,
No matter what you did,
You can always change,

NowRadiate
  • Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:16 PM

I wouldn't get bent out of shape over it. It's not like you own the rights to anything you produced.  You illegally distributed it.  He only took it a step further and took money for it. 

That said, I wouldn't let that discourage you from sharing things in the future.   Just remember, there are a lot of people who totally appreciate the fact you offered it to them free.  Many people don't have the technology knowledge or money to produce a copy.  It's no more different than people making copies of Madonna's DVD's and albums, only to profit from it.  I guess if it's truly your content that he's selling, be flattered it was good enough that he willing to distribute it to others (even if it was at a price... which does suck).

exactly my point.

go ahead, outdo yourself, justme.

• groovyguy and Liam like this

Fighter
  • Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:29 PM

Fighter

There are a lot of scummy Madonna fans who do this sort of thing. But then there are a lot of people who are willing to pay for bootlegs, so. 

Yes you have every right to be upset, but honestly it doesn't really take anything away from you.

:hug:  :hug:

• NowRadiate, Aquaria and blondebombshell like this

ghdqGVS.gif

@ me if you need me

madbella
  • Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:45 AM

Identify who is selling the dvd? I dont know.

And he/she is such a scum bag that he photoshoped the part of the back cover design where my name and logo were. 

The original post for this dvd is here

http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?%2Ftopic%2F7033-dl-special-songs-dvd%2Fpage-9

A friend of mine had the same problem. He made the design from a Victoria Beckham CD for free and the next day a brazilian was selling copies for 25€.

As in your case, he had removed his logo and his name, and put on that the seller was the owner of the design.

He tried to contact with seller, and the answer was that everything on internet has no owner, and that if he had problems with copyright, he would report it to the police and to the record company.

My friend contacted with the site that was selling those records, but never had an answer. The website was making money with this.

AspergerArtist
  • Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:22 PM

AspergerArtist

Same has happened with me over the years, seeing cds for sale with my remixes on it. Just something we all have to live with I'm afraid. We put stuff out there, someone else is always gonna make a profit.

Put it this way, can you imagine the state Madonna would be in if she worried about all the stuff beyond her control? She has to let the small stuff go. In the long run, how much do yiu think the seller really makes? IOffer is just scammers, knockoffs and bootleggers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users