Kids Incorporated - Dress You Up

This was my shit back in the day, always made me want to get a malted chocolate shake. If I remember correctly Kids Inc differs from Kidz Bop and whatnot as folks couldn't buy their performances on cassette or vinyl. It was a clever way to expose preteens to modern pop music at the time.

Kids Inc was partly the reason Disney brought back Mickey Mouse Club a few years later which begat Xtina, most of Nsync and actors like Ryan Gosling and Keri Russell. The fella in the shiny cap, Rahsaan, has released a few R&B albums and of course Martika Marrero had the hit Toy Soldiers which Eminem sampled for one of his hits. Martika worked with Madonnas friend and collaborator Prince on her album Martika's Kitchen.

It's also interesting that Madonna chose to forego courting former Disney stars when Maverick was churning out acts instead she happened upon a huge success in Alanis Morisette who was on rival Nickelodeons show "You Can't Do That on Television".