The Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016

I only watched the S&S Tour once when it came out. I wasn't that impressed, and that's unusual. Maybe I should watch it again because I've forgotten a lot. But to me that tour was not that great. I have a feeling this tour (from what I've seen) will be better.

She didn't bother doing her hair this time around. You can see her roots loool. :)

I think this time Madonna wants only enjoy the show and the crowd

this is her "kylie showgirl tour"...she's more relaxed..more smiles

live nation did not cut her budget....I mean..see the stage and the production..it's huge

it's like a DWT part 2 + Girlie Show for me

there's nothing new in this show, it's true

but there was nothing new in the mdna tour (except the majorette :P)

she has 30+ years career....it's hard to find something new when you did everything XD

Its MDNA but with a screen that moves from horizontal to vertical instead of those amazing 30 lifts that were also screens. That's like the main staging difference between the 2. I feel like those 30 lifts were much more interesting.

Sticky had amazing technology, the moving treadmill thing on the runway, the different platforms on the circular stage, the way the show started with a cube that completely transformed little by little, and then it ended the same way with a cube. The circular screen that had the semitransparent illusion. 

Re-Invention had the treadmill thing, moving screens, the lifts at the side of the stage, the lift in the middle of the stage and the descending secondary stage she used on Holiday and American Life.

On this show the technology/staging is probably one of her most minimal.

Its MDNA but with a screen that moves from horizontal to vertical instead of those amazing 30 lifts that were also screens. That's like the main staging difference between the 2. I feel like those 30 lifts were much more interesting.

Sticky had amazing technology, the moving treadmill thing on the runway, the different platforms on the circular stage, the way the show started with a cube that completely transformed little by little, and then it ended the same way with a cube. The circular screen that had the semitransparent illusion. 

Re-Invention had the treadmill thing, moving screens, the lifts at the side of the stage, the lift in the middle of the stage and the descending secondary stage she used on Holiday and American Life.

On this show the technology/staging is probably one of her most minimal.

it's true 

because this show is more theatrical than technology or dancing

her vocals in fact are better than mdna or sticky XD

I think this time Madonna wants only enjoy the show and the crowd

this is her "kylie showgirl tour"...she's more relaxed..more smiles

live nation did not cut her budget....I mean..see the stage and the production..it's huge

it's like a DWT part 2 + Girlie Show for me

there's nothing new in this show, it's true

but there was nothing new in the mdna tour (except the majorette :P)

she has 30+ years career....it's hard to find something new when you did everything XD

I think there was a lot that was novel and new in MDNA, which I won't go into. It's in my Top 3 for sure.

The lifts were amazing but I think they were one of the biggest reasons MDNA was such a hard tour on her and why she didn't look as relaxed - those things could kill you, every step had to me measured and remembered by her and the crew (and she originally wanted over 40 of them from what I recall). I can only image once it was over she was like "fuck that, never again" :)

Anyways - I was definitely expecting this tour to be darker, more confrontational. I'm surprised but in a pleasant way actually - it really makes me happy to see her so relaxed and free. She's done the crazy theatrics, the bang-over-your-head stuff and this time it seems to be more about her, the music and her legacy so to speak. 

Internet is a wonderful thing but reading comments online always makes me realise that it has also produced an abundance of armchair experts on choreography, stage design, lighting, marketing, etc. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, for sure, but I think it's a bit arrogant to assume you know better than someone who has been doing this job and dealing with professionals at the highest possible level in these fields for 30 years (this isn't directed at you by the way Fighter :) ). 

The lifts were amazing but I think they were one of the biggest reasons MDNA was such a hard tour on her and why she didn't look as relaxed - those things could kill you, every step had to me measured and remember by her and the crew (and she originally wanted over 40 of them from what I recall). I can only image once it was over she was like "fuck that, never again" :)

Anyways - I was definitely expecting this tour to be darker, more confrontational. I'm surprised but in a pleasant way actually - it really makes me happy to see her so relaxed and free. She's done the crazy theatrics, the bang-over-your-head stuff and this time it seems to be more about her, the music and her legacy so to speak. 

Internet is a wonderful thing but reading comments online always makes me realise that it has also produced an abundance of armchair experts on choreography, stage design, lighting, marketing, etc. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, for sure, but I think it's a bit arrogant to assume you know better than someone who has been doing this job and dealing with professionals at the highest possible level in these fields for 30 years. 

exactly +10000

Rebel Heart Tour In Numbers
As expected Madonna's Rebel Heart tour is a visual extravaganza!
Kicking off her world tour in Montreal, Canada the reviews are rolling in and so far so very good! 

Check out a sneak peek of what Australia and New Zealand can expect when she lands on our shores in 2016 and read on for a few facts and figures (they're fun ones we promise) about what it takes to get this show on the road. 
Rebel Heart Roadshow In Numbers:
ONE specially designed crucifix shaped stage which flows directly through the audience with a heart shaped “Rebel Heart†at the end of the runway.

2,500,000 Swarovski crystals adorn Madonna's costumes.

2,150,400 LED Pixels light up the rear screens on the Rebel Heart stage

63 kilos of lights, sound and video equipment necessary for each night's performance.

25 kilos the weight of the moveable stage ramp used throughout the concert.

10,000 hours of workmanship have gone into creating costumes from Alessandro Michele for Gucci, Alexander Wang, Fausto Puglisi, Jeremy Scott for Moschino, Nicolas Jebran, Miu Miu, Prada and Swarovski for the Rebel Heart Tour.

1000+ wardrobe pieces are required for all the performers onstage.

500 pair of custom made shoes.

200+ pair of fishnets will be worn by Madonna by the time the Rebel Tour wraps.

180 people working and traveling on the Rebel Heart Tour.

121 days of rehearsal before the opening night of the tour in Montreal.

60 people make up the costume staff dressing, sewing and adjusting the costumes night after night.

25 string instruments are used during the show.

23 songs are on the Rebel Heart Tour set list each night.

22 videos play on the rear screens during the concert.

20 dancers join the Material Girl on stage every night.

17 make-up brushes and 5 powder puffs used on Madonna each night.

13 drums make up the drum-kit.

7 bouncing sway poles extend over the audience during the performance.

6 custom designed sets of lashes are used each night.

Maybe she'll add/replace some songs later... like GI2M and Love Spent during MDNA.

I feel this is gonna happening, She has 6 months long three shows pour week tour in front of her.

Maybe after the Christmas break Hold Tight will be back in the setlist, already rehearsed, and some guitar/ukulele moments -as many already noticed before- can be replaced now and then by other tracks, like Joan of Arc or Take a Bow.

I saw the show entirely yesterday in the afternoon and I already expressed my opinions in this thread, but the thing wich I sitll really can't understand is the fourth section, that awful 80s latino maedley... I really can see a guilt of laziness and selfindulgence there! I mean, it had the creativity and the exploratory charm of a tourist resort entertainment rendition  :confused: ...

Some many things are the same, we've seen them already, but the most important thing has changed: the ATTITUDE, the mood.

M is the queen, no doubt, but I hated this idea of staying away from the public. Not saying hello, not saying goodbye. She can refer to the fans as "triangle bitches" and we can laugh about it, but why call the audience motherf***? Come on, it makes no sense! It doesn't make you a rebel. To love is the real challenge, for M and for everybody. And that's what she's trying to show now.

People don't like Who's that girl tour, and I used to underestimate it, because I thought it was so boring, so primitive compared to Blond Ambition. When I started to sing in clubs I realized how musically interesting it was: think of the rock version of Holiday. Pat Leonard knew how to work, as he showed in the last interview. And she was so talkative, with the Italian family in Turin... she could really get to everyone's heart; everyone loved her at the time. Not just the hardcore fans as today. I can't believe she finally shows this side again. And still be very provocative and sexy, of course!!

:Madonna007: 

That said, we still hope in some changes in the setlist... I hope Guy reads the fans forums...

Everyone is sorry for Ghosttown: but there are already so many ballads, even if the Red Top remix shows that it could have fitted in the Crazy Years section.

We still cross fingers that Hold tight comes to replace Burning up which is faboulos but too identical to the RIT version.

I still have to understand if Holiday is weak: maybe BIM could have been funnier and crazier as a final. But I want to see it in person.

The voice is something I've never heard before. I've been waiting for 30 years!! How many songs were not live? The first section only, it seems...

:Madonna004::Madonna037:

But I love how much she talks and I'm desperate to find the speeches from second night!!

Some many things are the same, we've seen them already, but the most important thing has changed: the ATTITUDE, the mood.

M is the queen, no doubt, but I hated this idea of staying away from the public. Not saying hello, not saying goodbye. She can refer to the fans as "triangle bitches" and we can laugh about it, but why call the audience motherf***? Come on, it makes no sense! It doesn't make you a rebel. To love is the real challenge, for M and for everybody. And that's what she's trying to show now.

People don't like Who's that girl tour, and I used to underestimate it, because I thought it was so boring, so primitive compared to Blond Ambition. When I started to sing in clubs I realized how musically interesting it was: think of the rock version of Holiday. Pat Leonard knew how to work, as he showed in the last interview. And she was so talkative, with the Italian family in Turin... she could really get to everyone's heart; everyone loved her at the time. Not just the hardcore fans as today. I can't believe she finally shows this side again. And still be very provocative and sexy, of course!!

:Madonna007:

That said, we still hope in some changes in the setlist... I hope Guy reads the fans forums...

Everyone is sorry for Ghosttown: but there are already so many ballads, even if the Red Top remix shows that it could have fitted in the Crazy Years section.

We still cross fingers that Hold tight comes to replace Burning up which is faboulos but too identical to the RIT version.

I still have to understand if Holiday is weak: maybe BIM could have been funnier and crazier as a final. But I want to see it in person.

The voice is something I've never heard before. I've been waiting for 30 years!! How many songs were not live? The first section only, it seems...

:Madonna004::Madonna037:

But I love how much she talks and I'm desperate to find the speeches from second night!!

She better not drop Burning Up I love that song. I love Hold Tight too mind you but the energy when she played Burning Up in the concert was 1000X