The Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016

I'm calling that person stupid that said nothing she released after 1990 had impact. Sorry but that is a lie and very ignorant and stupid as well.And I full-heartily agree with you. I'm tired of those three songs as well. That's why I'm saying that it would be a nice change to perform more of her 90's/00's stuff which suits the new album very well sonically and lyrically.I mean Secret, Take a Bow, The Power of Good-Bye, Love Profusion, Nothing Fails, Nothing Really Matters, Hollywood, Sorry, Get Together, Jump, Deeper and Deeper, Rescue Me...I'm sure the crowd would love to hear them just as much. They could do with one tour that doesn't feature La Isla, Holiday, Vogue, LAP, ROL and LAV.

Yes but don't call other people stupidFor me is stupid that people call other people stupid because they shared personal opinions :)

I think I was misundertood. Sorry BIM, but I'm sad you call me stupid!

How could I say that nothing M released in the 90s had impact! I love the other decades! Even more than the Eighties!

Just to name a few more, what about Rain, You'll see, Drowned world, I'll remember, American Life? I'm so in love with them all!!!

But during MDNA I noticed how many people around me - not big fans but the common public - expect songs like Into the groove and Like a virgin, and were very let down when they heard the "waltz" LAV. Performers are always expected to do the hits, and the biggest in the common opinion are from that period.

But no song is boring if it's good. I heard Like a prayer so many times but I'd be ready to hear a new rendition. Who's that girls sounds so old so I'm so curious to see what happened...

That's exactly what i think, Madonna owns the stage she doesn't need 20 dancers to have a great show!! I prefer the sound of the 80 and 90's tour, real sound live. I don't like when the band it's "hide"

don't hate me, but it feels like somebody pressed a 'play' button for her to start singing over it. yes, I love her shows, and the dance, and the technology, and the lightning and all the theatrical aspect of her shows (it's the most amazing thing), but I want to enjoy the band too. I love that they get to replicate exactly the sound of the album, but some 'live' sound would be appreciated too.

don't hate me, but it feels like somebody pressed a 'play' button for her to start singing over it. yes, I love her shows, and the dance, and the technology, and the lightning and all the theatrical aspect of her shows (it's the most amazing thing), but I want to enjoy the band too. I love that they get to replicate exactly the sound of the album, but some 'live' sound would be appreciated too.

I feel SO HAPPY :Madonna017:

Before joining this forum I thought I was the only one to think that!

Oh how I miss that not-so-in-tune opening in Turin 1987!

And of course presenting the band during the Girlie Show!

The show I really would have loved to attend is La Cantine de Faubourg for the Americal Life promotion: everything live!

You clearly haven't experienced the impact she had during Ray of Light and Music. That was her second peak and the songs from that era CLEARLY had impact. Ray of Light is considered as one of the mainstream pioneers of EDM and she was a trendsetter then. She was basic in the 80's. She really didn't do anything revolutionary back then. It wasn't until Like a Prayer that she started to actually use her craft.I'm sorry but I wouldn't mind going to a tour without a single 80's song. We've really had enough of it over the past years and her 90's and 00's stuff is generally superior than her bubblegum pop 80's stuff.No one remembers WTG and no one remembers True Blue. Therefore your excuse as to why she performs her 80's stuff is invalid. Her main focus is on the theatrics of the show not if her 40-something yo fans who stopped listening to her in 1990 care.

Madonna has a lot of artistic peaks. Everything in the 80s wasn't basic really. Just because something isn't revolutionary, doesn't mean it is basic. Great music doesn't have to be groundbreaking and deliver something new. Well crafted album is more than enough. LAP wasn't revolutionary, yet it is a pop masterpiece.

She wasn't the first one doing these stuff, but it plays an important role in pop music:

- Into The Groove -  Dance anthem. Dance/sex metaphor.

- Papa Don't Preach - Pop song with classic music style

- La Isla Bonita - Latino elements

The only album I would call basic is LAV.

Some people wouldn't mind to go to a tour without ROL songs  and 2000s music. IMO, her shows should contain one song from every album, if they could fit the themes. Also, there is general public who expects signature songs, especially something from the 80s.

If Madonna should be artistic and do what she wants and have obscure setlist, then she should do the same with album and promotion. Instead of releasing commercial music for the masses, she could release artistic songs and artistic videos.

No one remembers WTG and no one remembers True Blue? People who were fans from the start do. People who witnessed the 80s are probably familiar with it. New fans like them and they want them. Just because you know a person who isn't a fan since 1990, doesn't mean the rest are the same. Even those people go to her concerts. They hope she will perform a classic, but they also want to watch a great pop show. Besides, if no one remembers the songs above, then why bitching about Madonna performing popular songs like LIB and LAP on every tour. WTG and TB were huge hits, Nothing Really Matters wasn't. Even if people don't remember WTG and TB, people can't say she doesn't perform hits.

Yes, her main focus is on the theatrics. But she also have to think about public, causal fans, real fans... Songs that fit the themes, songs that are exceptions (like on every of her shows)...

Let's not forget she wanted AFF theme for her album. It didn't happen and some songs appeared on the album as bonus songs. Why expect a show with only songs that fit the theme 100%? Her shows have never been like that, there have always been too many exceptions. Even RH songs order doesn't make sense. She is a perfectionist, but not all the time.

It is going to be like her old shows. Section 1: Theme song, theme song, a song for public that "fits" the theme, theme song...

We all could watch a brilliant show, even if don't like the music. But music should be more important. She is a music artist after all.

I prefer the sound of the 80 and 90's tour, real sound live. I don't like when the band it's "hide"

Oh yes, this really is a point mate!! Live music changes the vibe and the thrill of the whole experience, especially in heavy drum/bass pop-dance songs (BAT Vogue? WTGT Holiday or GS Why's it so hard?).

It could also be just for one specific unplugged set, and a pair of ballads now and then (GS Rain or WTGT Live  to tell) but yes, I aboslutely agree with you.

Especially for such an articulate album material!!

I agree with you, we need much more about the band and their work, we only see the dancers all the time, for me the music comes first not the dance. People seems to forget that this is a music show not a Broadway musical, well that's my opinion. 

She consider herself first as a dancer than singer.

RHT Wardrobe Road Crew:

lillyevioletta#Regram @ariannephillips - this where the rebel â¤ï¸ wardrobe road crew and @super_hero_tony do their magic! PROUD of @lillyevioletta to be part of this amazing group of #rebelheartfamily designers that are costuming @madonna in her worldwide #rebelhearttour - 1 day to go to opening in Montreal!!! #rebelhearttour #rebelheartfamily #rebelâ¤ï¸ #luxury #madonna #madonnatour
Posted Image

I'm really hoping for a different look and not the same "old" hair! :)

low_track@colhes1 wonderful *.* but I must confess that I wish to see her Hair like in the last Versace campaign *.* who knows what @super_hero_tony will answer to us... i'm pretty sure he can't say a word ;)

super_hero_tony@Lowtrack_track Haha, don't be so sure.! I think they are still sorting hair looks at this point.

IKR. For me, Drowned World is like the perfect combo of art, music & technology & perfect for arena shows. DWT is her most theatrical, is visually stunning & divine & IMO her most innovative tour. And it looks like RH tour is gonna be like DWT but with more hits, it's gonna be EPIC & PHENOMENAL!!!   :heart:  :hearteyes:

Posted Image

Yes!! I think that Drowned World Tour was great, and for them to go back that far saying it compares with DWT is very exciting since it was 14 years ago now. :) If anything I would have thought that they would have said Confessions Tour. I wonder if it means that (they think) she got "lazy" with her tours (if you can call M lazy....!!) between 2002-2012?!! Well, you know what I mean lol But I don't really think so..... her tours are almost always fantastic (with the exception of S&S and MDNA imo) :)