The Next Album: What sounds should she use?

gafuller

So I just feel like new music is around the corner, maybe closer to beginning of next year but still, I can't wait! But just in the spirit of new music, what sounds do you all think would work? She played with a smidge of reggae in Unapologetic B*tch, which was fresh and worked. I'm hesitant to suggest trap, as I've heard some good and bad remixes of her songs in Trap style. I also feel that'd land her back in the desperate seat. I'm not sure what underground style are going on right now that could use her brilliance to drag them into the limelight. I also feel that politics (for better or worse) may become the meat of some of the songs, but I think she needs to pull  a page from Rhianna and simply do some dance songs that will be basic enough to be relate-able to but with some Madonna character and new twists.

I hope she concentrates on lyrics and creates some mature songs. Not that I dislike Bitch I'm Madonna but I'd rather have Drowned World. Her fan base is adult now and needs adult material. You can see it in this forum, where American life is almost everybody's favourite. Rebel Heart seemed to go in the right direction, but then the leaks forced her to hurry things and they screwed up many arrangements, such Joan of Arc, Beautiful scars, even Borrowed time could have been better. Orbit is ok, but she has already done a lot of that, I would like her to use real musicians rather than programmed music. Maybe Patrick Leonard could be helpful!

If she thinks of starting to write new music in a year or so...

I don't want raw politics. Honestly it's not really what I want or need at this moment. I don't want angry or sad music. There's enough of that in the world.

I'd like something deep and universal, without being soapboxy.

Maybe something spiritual that relates to the world right now, like only she can do... but still "current" and cool. Mix those 2 elements together, undergroundy and cool but meaningful. Something to inspire. I guess kinda continue in the vein of Iconic, but a bit more stripped back and chilled. 

That would be the ideal direction for me, but of course I'll be interested in whatever she wants to do.

No politics? In this day and age? Come on... As an artist, there is almost a duty to be political with all the shit that's happening. she's not a Walt Disney character.

I also said I don't want politics, because what's happening is much more than just politics. As she says everything is related to consciousness, and the world needs a deep awakening so we don't repeat history again and again. So in that sense I want her to explore deeper themes than just "politics".

I agree making an album, let's say, like MDNA in this day would be a shame lol, but I don't want American Life pt 2. When she did that it was like a warning to the world, and so was Secret Project and some of the songs on RH, so that's done, I'm interested in the next stage of the discussion.

Wether she's interested or ready to make something deeper is a different matter lol. 

well, To be honest I really DO NOT want some kind political music I mean American Life Ver2.0 style or that secret project video with SK style music at this point. That would be too much predictable and boring.

I want powerful dance music. Not a 70's disco style dance music.

Very powerful Sexy with interesting new sound with very catch melody.

Recently I'm digging into K-Pop and I'm really curious about if Madonna collaborate with K-Pop songwriter. 

Madonna always bring the interesting new world music into main pop industry so why not K-pop?

K-pop is certainly very IT item to the whole world in nowadays. And their music is very interesting and very bob.

So I really think that Madonna should collaborate with K-pop songwriters. something like these.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUsxrE6e1z8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ips2mM7Zqw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-wFp43XOrA

My life would be made if she works with PSB

It would be so amazing! The album PSB did with Liza Minnelli is fantastic/classic and still listens very well today. I'd die if Madonna did a cover of Liza's Don't Drop Bombs with PSB. I loved the PSB Sorry remix. 

I also said I don't want politics, because what's happening is much more than just politics. As she says everything is related to consciousness, and the world needs a deep awakening so we don't repeat history again and again. So in that sense I want her to explore deeper themes than just "politics".

I agree making an album, let's say, like MDNA in this day would be a shame lol, but I don't want American Life pt 2. When she did that it was like a warning to the world, and so was Secret Project and some of the songs on RH, so that's done, I'm interested in the next stage of the discussion.

Wether she's interested or ready to make something deeper is a different matter lol. 

good art always deals with a certain level of consciousness, i think.

and anything you send out as a message can have a "political" quality if you so will. 

(when "shake your ass"-art doesn't really. lol)

but in art you can actually do both at the same time. be fun and include some message that could have a political impact. (think express yourself.)

i would love to see/hear her do something along those lines.

there are various layers that you can put into art of any kind.

I actually like some of the instrumentation on the her-story vid, it's all done by the same guy, David Chalmin. I would be curious if she'd work with him and include both the classical influences and crisp electronics used in the video.

In any case I'd like her music to be a bit more conceptual, like american life was acoustic guitars with beats, I'd like it if she'd use piano, cello and accordion in combination with dark electronics, and find variations on that theme, ranging from very classical to very cutting edge.

Also I would love for her to work with Johan Johansson for arrangements, I gues I'm just kind of ready for an album of more longlasting music aka LAP ROL and yes, AL

oh, and no to trapp ;-)

good art always deals with a certain level of consciousness, i think.

and anything you send out as a message can have a "political" quality if you so will. 

(when "shake your ass"-art doesn't really. lol)

but in art you can actually do both at the same time. be fun and include some message that could have a political impact. (think express yourself.)

i would love to see/hear her do something along those lines.

there are various layers that you can put into art of any kind.

totally agree. thats what i want a fun, cool album with deep meaning, I don't wanna say like Ray Of Light but yeah kinda, just with a different sound obviously, since its not the late 90s anymore lol. Plus MDNA was mostly silly fun with some personal elements, RH was very personal, the next logical step I think would be to do something more universal. She has big ideas Id like her to explore them full on. Serve up some wisdom in this confused ass backwards world.  :lol: