RUADJAI

iamamiwhoami

I love it! i love that were finally getting these tracks we heard snippets of so long ago. Gives me hopes we may get the telephone song soon. 

You can hear a clip of Gone here: https://www.traxsource.com/search?term=ionnalee

It's one of the prelude songs, although it's a different version of it.

Hope so too! I hope one day she'll do something like the telephone song and "Carry My Head". They're both such beautiful songs with intimate and unusual lyrics.

The new album EVERYONE AFRAID TO BE FORGOTTEN will be released Feb 16.

GONE music video is out now

Album Cover

DRAOLjmWkAEHDMc.jpg

Tracklist

WATCHES WATCHES

JOY

WORK

LIKE HELL

NOT HUMAN

TEMPLE

SAMARITAN

DUNES OF SAND with jamie irrepressible

BLAZING

SIMMER DOWN

HERE IS A WARNING

GONE

MEMENTO with Barbelle

HARVEST with TR/ST

FOLD

GONE remix (ionnalee VS iamamiwhoami)

Has anyone read and interpreted the lyrics for Samaritan? Im curious what people think about it. Even tho its a bop, It almost sounds like an attack on her fans which makes me kinda turned off. 

Has anyone read and interpreted the lyrics for Samaritan? Im curious what people think about it. Even tho its a bop, It almost sounds like an attack on her fans which makes me kinda turned off. 

She's said this regarding the song: "The audience that we have is amazing, following us in a quite close way. But even as an alternative artist, there is this tradition of putting a female artist or artist overall on a pedestal, celebrating and looking up to them, using words like "goddess" or “queen,†and I find it so difficult. Seeing it from my point of view, it doesn't seem like a healthy way to view female artists or artists overall because we tend to adapt to that and try to please the audience, so the song is a reaction to looking back at history with how long this has been going on, for as long as people have used words and texts to convey messages."

https://vmagazine.com/article/jonna-lee-iamamiwhoami-making-rules-music/ (worth reading I guess)