Was the granny hair a thing?

Headless.Headphones

Not really granny hair, more like old school Hollywood diva hair... never heard anyone describing it as granny hair in the 80s.

Yeah. I don't really get "granny" when i see pics of that era. I sometimes get "train wreck" though lol.

To be honest, I wouldn't say the short blonde do was a favourite look of mine, but at points, she looked dynamite! Sometimes cute, sometimes elegant, sometimes edgy:

9f6c2717049bba9f5d2df5b9524448a6.jpg

10249317_1464008177249003_436257759_n.jp

6f29bb26847ffc08e8ac37ca4e928f4f.jpg

Buuuuuuutttttt..... there were moments she looked shockingly awful around then too. So bad that i can't look at these too long....madonnaplat1.jpg

081613-madonna-4-350_1.jpg?itok=d5sQpUTG but, hey, it was the 80's and not many people made it through to the decade without looking kinda dodgy at one point.

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

Agree wtih Stevo.

I do think she looked fresh and sexy initially. When her hair was tousled and blonde or simply styled. I think when she became Nikki Finn it looked terrible. Basically when she made it white and teased in late 86 and through parts of 87.Just awful. Sometimes it just looked dry and like she constantly had dark roots, even when she didn't

So it was more how she styled it. Below she looks fresh. 

tumblr_na8btxbjey1qlycwjo1_500.jpg

That hair was popular as Meg Ryan did it too and a few other celebs back then

meg-ryan-armed25.jpg

In terms of eyebrows, the strange thing is I never notice(d) them when they were thicker and bushier, except during 1987. They just seemed like they should have their own Park Ranger to take care of them during that year.

I will say 1987 is my least favourite look overall, with the exception of the brunette Herb photos, she also looked okay at the very start of the WTG tour, but generally I wish she had moved on look wise. 

I nearly get goosebumps when I look at pics from 1987-87 :hearteyes: It was such a great era, and those lips! Esp super red for WTG, I just love it to bits! Plus the Erotica era is one of my fav eras, I remember watching that interview on MTV when they first showed it! Her lips are the best lips I've ever seen, I love that V shape on her lower lip. I used to mimic that with a lip pencil, sometimes I still do!